EVERYONE KNOWS IT’S WINDY

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN…. Some lingering snow for Friday morning, then skies become partly cloudy with an high around 23 degrees. Clear skies for Friday night with lows around 10 degrees. A sunny start to the weekend with highs around the freezing mark. For Sunday, a wintry mix of rain and freezing rain is likely (70%).

SNOWSHOE…. A little cooler for the daytime on Friday with a 30% chance of light snow and temperatures topping out around 18 degrees. Saturday will be breezy and sunny with a high around 30 degrees. By Sunday a mix of rain and freezing rain is likely (70%) with highs in the upper 30’s.

WINTERGREEN…. For Friday, skies will still be blue, but the mercury will only see temperatures warm to around 40 degrees with winds between 25 and 30 mph. Clouds will be on the increase Saturday with highs in the lower 50’s. By Sunday, a 70% chance of snow, sleet and freezing rain moves in.

OBER GATLINBURG…. Friday will be partly cloudy with temperatures only a degree or two cooler, in the lower 50’s. Mostly clear skies for Friday night with lows in the middle 20’s. Saturday will see partly cloudy skies with a high near 60 degrees. Still warm Sunday with upper 50’s and a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….
The wind will stick around for Friday with sunshine and highs in the upper 30’s. Clear skies Friday night with lows in the 20’s. The weekend will begin with sunshine and temperatures near 50 degrees. A good chance of rain moves in by Sunday (80%) with highs in the upper 40’s.
Submitted by Meteorologist Marcus Lynch