DEEP FREEZE UP NORTH

HERE’S THE SKIER’S FORECAST FOR THE MIDATLANTIC AND SOUTHEAST RESORTS:
Additional Natural Snow… Who Could Ask For More???

For WISP, TIMBERLINE & CANAAN…. Looking for some light snow (70% chance) to end the week with on Friday.  Skies will be mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 20’s. The region could pick up 1 to 2 inches, mainly in the afternoon hours. More snow for the overnight with an additional 2 to 4 inches possible and temperatures falling into the low teens. The winter wonderland lasts through Saturday afternoon (50% chance) with a high around 25 degrees.

SNOWSHOE… More snow continuing for Friday (80% chance) with a possible 1 to 3 inches of accumulation, and temperatures in the upper teens. Even colder to kick off the weekend with a 20% chance of light snow and highs in the middle teens. Another 1 to 3 inches possible accumulation for Friday night with lows around 5 degrees. Some morning light snow on Saturday (40%), then cloudy and windy with a high around 13 degrees.

WINTERGREEN…. Wrapping up the week on Friday with partly cloudy skies and highs in the lower 40’s, with afternoon winds kicking up in to the 25 to 30 mph range. Clear skies on Friday night with lows in the upper teens. Saturday will provide a sunny start to the weekend with a high around 30 degrees.

OBER GATLINBURG…. Warming up in the lower 40’s on Friday with partly cloudy skies. Clear and cold for the overnight with a low in the upper teens. Saturday will be partly cloudy with a high in the lower 40’s.

HERE’S THE OUTLOOK FOR THE WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA MOUNTAINS….

Drying out with partly cloudy skies on Friday, as winds kick up around 25 mph from the west with temperatures in the low and middle 30’s. Saturday will start off the weekend with sun and clouds, and a high around 35 degrees. Saturday night will be partly cloudy with a low around 18 degrees. The clouds roll back in for Sunday with a 60% chance of a snow and sleet mix with a high around 31 degrees.

SHARE
Previous articleLots of SNOW in the Seven Day Forecast – and COLD too!
Next articleThe BEST Conditions of the Season at North Carolina Ski Resorts Today!
Mike Doble
Mike is the Editor and founder of SkiSoutheast.com, SkiNC.com and ResortCams.com. Since September 1996 he has posted more than 13,000 posts, articles, photos and videos promoting all of the ski areas of North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland.Mike is the father of four daughters, is an avid skier and enjoys golf, tennis, kayaking and hiking in the mountains. Winter snowsports and Summer boating on Watauga Lake are among his favorite pastimes.